Friday 1 November 2013

"The Girl with the Blue Bow" Restoration of a painting owned by Firmin Janssens - http://www.stedelijkonderwijs.be/academie-wilrijk/restauratie-schilderkunst

This is a past project I absolutely wanted to share, quite frankly because I'm really proud of the work.

went to evening classes in Wilrijk near Antwerp and this was my project.


.

This is the painting as I received it before the Restoration.
It has no title, so I named it "Girl with the blue bow".
The painter is unknown. The medium is oil on canvas.

The following photo's are of the painting's condition,
 before the restoration started.











Next come pictures of the work done 
to stabilise the the painted surface
 and the wooden frame
















And then finally the restoration of the painted surface to the finished result.









No comments:

Post a Comment